and the Sensory Approach to Rehabilitation - What is it?
Hemi-Sync and the
Facilitation of Sensory Integration
Jen's Sensory Integration Info Site
Sensory Comfort - products for children and adults who have sensory processing differences.
Sensory Difficulties Can Affect Learning
- from Family Village Library
- from Occupational Therapy Internet World
Sensory Integration International
Sensory Integrative Dysfunction in Young Children
SI Table of Contents
Southpaw Enterprises -
Sensory Integration and developmental products for the therapeutic professional.
Speech Recognition and Sensory Integration
Symptoms of Sensory Dysfunction
Theory of Sensory Integration
Wilbarger Approach -
the "Brushing Technique"
||Ten Ways That Confirm You Are a Parent Of a Child With Sensory
1. Instead of lists to organize your schedule, you start doodling Mayor Johnson pictures.
2. A statement like "Our OT ordered AIT, ASAP, to help with SI" makes perfect sense to you.
3. You order at a restaurant not necessarily what you have a taste for, but according to food color and texture.
4. You go new clothes shopping at second-hand shops (no breaking in necessary!).
5. The barber tools required for your child's haircut includes sedatives, a flashlight or night vision goggles, and a scissors silencer.
6. You break into hysterical fits of laughter when the doctor sends in only one nurse to give your child his immunization, and she exclaims "It will only take a second!"
7. Seven different meals need to be prepared for your family of four.
8. The thought of your child's upcoming dental visit gives you anxiety attacks that require medications and therapy.
9. You do a dance of victory after dry-kissing your daughter and she doesn't wipe her mouth afterwards.
10. You start wearing your socks and underwear inside-out because it really does feel more comfortable that way.